Join Our TeamOpen Positions
Mid Star Lab Inc. in Tonganoxie, KS is looking for new members to join our team! We are interested in hiring new lab technicians for our facility located in Tonganoxie, KS. Read the description of the position below and click the button titled application to apply today!
Orthotic Technician (Fabrication) – Level 1
At Mid Star Lab, Inc. custom foot orthotics is our core business and Orthotic Technicians are essential to what we do and who we are as a company. Our Orthotic Technicians are expected to be self-starters, reliable and comfortable working in a fast-paced production environment. The primary areas of work in the custom foot orthotic fabrication process: CNC milling, grinding, accommodations, top cover and quality control.
As an Orthotic Technician (Level 1), you’ll be trained in our fabrication processes to produce a high-quality finished custom orthotics. The position requires the ability to work as a team, have good communication with team members and management. Performance is measured by: productivity, speed/accuracy in completing order specifications and ability to learn new skills.
- Educational/Vocational Requirements
- High school graduate or equivalent education.
- Minimum of 1-year experience with operating hand tools and machinery.
- Professional Skills & Abilities
- Cohesively work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Excels in the ability to solve problems.
- Naturally creative, and artistic eye
- Accurate ability to read orders and measurements to perform fabrication processes in adherence to company quality standards on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing or assembly line processes (CNC milling, grinding, cutting, gluing, etc.)
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Punctuality, good attendance.
- Computer skills, including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend and lift consistently during work shift.
- Hand-eye coordination and motor skills to operate machinery and perform job functions consistently during work shift.
- Visual acuity (near/distant) to assess material and technical measurements.
- Schedule – Monday to Thursday 8:00 am- 5:00 pm and Friday 8:00 am – 12:00 pm, or less otherwise noted.
- Excellent communications skills to establish and sustain collaborative relationships.
- Assist with shipping, logistics, inventory management and maintenance (as needed).
- Perform other orthotic fabrication-related duties as assigned.
- Adhere to internal policies and procedures related to code of ethics, clinic operations and human resources, in addition to American Board of Certification (ABC) and Board of Certification (BOC) guidelines.